Central Africa's Rights & AIDS (CARA) Society
We are an an independent international charity. We rely on our members and the generosity of the public in securing donations and legacies so that we can continue the work we provide in the UK and Africa
Our main activities include HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support through:
- Distributing free condoms and sexual health information about HIV/AIDS and other STIs.
- Providing advice on sexual health issues and signposting to relevant services.
- Working with the communities to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and teenage pregnancy.
- Support groups and discussion.
- Care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS and their families.
- Workshops and seminars
- Empowering poor people to be in control of their sexual health.
- Striving to reduce childhood death and illness.
- Providing quality basic education for all, especially girls.
- Provision of clean water and adequate sanitation.
- Protection for people affected by conflict, natural disaster and exploitation.
- Helping the poor to know, understand and achieve their legal rights
We offer translation and interpretation services in French, Portuguese, Somali, Kinyarwanda, Lingala and English.
We are an an independent international charity. We rely on our members and the generosity of the public in securing donations and legacies so that we can continue the work we provide in the UK and Africa.
Who to contact
Where to go
18-22 Ashwin Street
- E8 3DL