City of London Business Traineeship Programme
The City of London Business Traineeship (CBT) Programme offers young Londoners an opportunity to gain real work experience, real responsibility and real pay as an intern in a City-type firm during the summer after they finish their A levels (or equivalent studies).
With more than 100 opportunities across banking and the financial services, IT, insurance, legal and business administration sectors there are a wide variety of placements available.
Placements last between 6-13 weeks and are paid at the going rate for the job - up to £450 a week.
Who can sign up?
To be eligible for the programme you must:
- Live and study in one of these boroughs:
- City of London
- Tower Hamlets
- Be in your final year of A levels or equivalent
- Have a minimum of grade B in English and Maths at GCSE
- Be eligible to work in the UK
What we expect from you?
Candidates for the CBT Programme should be:
- Interested in gaining experience in financial services, IT, administration, marketing, legal services or similar professional industries
- Enthusiastic about participating in workshops on CV presentation and interview techniques
- Willing to listen to tips and advice about attitudes, appearance and job-finding skills
What kinds of support will I receive?
Once you have registered with us, we will:
- Give you honest and realistic feedback about your job prospects
- Provide you with job finding support and guidance
- Put you forward for suitable work experience placements
- Offer you encouragement and support before and during your placement
For more information or to apply go to the programme see the CBT programme weblink below.
Applications for the 2016 programme are now open.
Who to contact
- 020 7628 9904
- CBT programme
Where to go
- Brokerage Citylink
65 London Wall
- EC2M 5TU
- Age Ranges