Changing Places - Accessible Toilets
The Changing Places Consortium launched its campaign in 2006 for those who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, as well as older people.
Each Changing Places toilet provides:
- a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- a tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible.
- adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
- a centrally placed toilet with room either side
- a large waste bin for disposable pads
- a non-slip floor.
You can find your nearest registered Changing Places toilet in the UK by searching the location map on the website and typing in an address, town or postcode.
Who to contact
- Changing Places Toilets