First Steps Early Intervention Psychology Service
Who we are:
First Steps is an NHS psycology service for children and young people aged 0 – 18 years and their families.
This service works in partnership with other CAMHS - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
The aim of the service is to offer early help with any difficulties related to behaviour, emotions and relationships before they become more complicated or difficult to address.
Our team of 25 Family and Child Practitioners includes a:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Mental Health nurses
- Assistant Psychologists
Our Community Psychology Team run sessions from Children's Centres in Hackney and GP surgeries across Hackney to try to ensure there is easy access to the service.
What we do:
The First Steps Team offers a range of services and can help parents and families with the following kinds of problems:
- Sleeping problems
- Fussy eating
- Toilet training
- Relationships with brothers and sisters and other children the same age
- Difficulties with your relationship with your child
- Disagreements in the family about parenting
- Worries following an illness or bereavement or issues that are affecting the whole family
- Changes at home or school that have affected a child's emotions and behaviour
First Steps can also help children and young people with:
- Fears, unhappiness, anger, anxiety or other difficult feelings
- Being withdrawn, being aggressive, taking risks or other difficult behaviours
- Feelings related to parental illness or health problems
- Changes within the family e.g. Separation
- Relationships with family, friends or teachers
Who to contact
- 0207 014 7135
- First Steps Early Intervention Psychology Service
Where to go
Downs Park Road
- E8 2FP
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
Referral by health care professional working with children or self-referral.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Secondary (11 to 16)
Young Adults (16 to 25)
Early Years (0 to 5)
Primary (5 to 11)