Advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For up to date information on the coronavirus, please see the advice on the Public Health England Webiste.
Please help to support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.
See advice from the NHS on washing your hands
Information for Parents and Carers about the closure of schools and other educational settings following the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Information for all parents and carers on school closures is available from the Department of Education. Read the latest information about nursery, school and college closures following the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
In the first instance, however, please check with you child’s usual educational setting, school or nursery what local arrangements they have put in place during the period schools are closed.
If you are entitled to a free school meal and your school is closed, please check with the school what arrangements are in place during school closure.
If you have any other queries, please email The City of London Education & Early Years’ Service on EEYService@cityoflondon.gov.uk We will respond to your query as soon as possible.
Helpful Resources for Parents and Carers:
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
Talking to children COVID-19