The Refugee Council’s employment service aims to provide information, advice, guidance and support to refugees looking to access training, volunteering and employment opportunities to those based in Greater London.
We understand the barriers refugees face in trying to access work in the UK. Despite having full permission to work, issues like a lack of understanding of the systems and working culture in the UK, as well as a lack of experience and networks can present a huge obstacle in progressing towards paid work. We are here to help people overcome those challenges. We understand what employers want and help refugees to understand the skills needed to succeed in the highly competitive labour market.
Our Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) service supports refugees living in London to access appropriate training and employment opportunities.
- A one to one meeting where we assess you and plan the way forward
- Expert advice and support
- Access to a range of employment preparation workshops
- Help with job search, CVs & interviews
- Work experience opportunities
- Support in finding a job that's right for the individual