The Charterhouse host a wide range of historic objects, acquired over the course of its 660 year existence, which chronical the changing face of England.
Originally founded, in 1349, as a plague pit for victims of the Black Death, the site has rebuilt and remodelled since as a Carthusian monastery, Tudor mansion, boys school and almshouse. Our collections include:
- Paintings, drawings and topographical prints
- Historic furniture and historic silver
- Original postcards and photographs
Get in touch to find out more or see the Charterhouse weblink below.
Who to contact
- 0203 818 8873
- The Charterhouse
Where to go
- EC1M 6AN