Ascent Advice & Counselling (led by Solace)
Ascent Advice and Counselling is a pan-London partnership of 14 specialist VAWG organisations, led by Solace, that provide specialist advice and counselling services to women and girls who have experienced, or are at risk of, sexual and/or domestic abuse. Ascent has been funded by London Councils since 2013.
The project provides advice and support to women and girls affected by all forms of VAWG, as well as support to professionals. Advice services include:
- Pan-London specialist housing advice delivered by Solace,
- Pan-London young women’s advice (14 years+) delivered by Women and Girls Network,
- Pan-London specialist advice for women experiencing sexual exploitation, including women who are involved in prostitution, and women who use substances problematically, delivered by nia,
- Rights of Women’s family law legal advice line and legal training,
- No Recourse to Public Funds financial support, provided by Southall Black Sisters.
Ascent Advice Plus, funded by MOPAC and the MoJ, has increased the capacity of the Ascent Advice services, extended advice support to 26 weeks, and added four specialist partners who provide consultancy support and training for partners working with LBT+ women, deaf and disabled women, and women with learning disabilities and/or autism.
The London Councils-funded project also provides access to up to 20 1-1 counselling sessions and groupwork. This includes specialist 1-1 counselling and groupwork for Black and minoritized women, delivered in a number of community languages.
Ascent Advice and Counselling and Ascent Advice Plus work with women and girls (including transwomen) who are assessed as being at standard or medium risk of VAWG.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Solace Women's Aid
2 Angel Square
- EC1V 1NY