First Steps Early Intervention Psychology Service
First Steps is an NHS Psychology Service, for children and young people aged 0-18 and their families. We aim to help with difficulties relating to behaviour, emotions and relationships and try to tackle issues early on, before they become severe or too difficult to manage. We are part of City & Hackney CAMHS and work in partnership with our colleagues.
Our team is made up of over 25 Family & Child Practitioners, including Clinical Psychologists, Mental health nurses, Assistant Psychologists and Administrators. We are a Community Psychology Team and are based within Children's Centres and Gp surgeries across Hackney and try to ensure that our support is as local and convenient for families as possible.
The kind of concerns we can help with but are not limited to:
- Sleeping problems
- Bullying or racial harassment
- Parental or family separation
- Difficult relationships between you and your child like feeling too distant or too close, experiencing negative feelings, finding it hard to play or set limits.
- Changes at home or at school which may be affecting your child's emotions and behaviour.
Who to contact
- 0207 014 7135
- First Steps Early Intervention Psychology Service
Where to go
Downs Park Road
- E8 2FP