Skip to main content

Requesting an Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan

Request a formal assessment of your child's SEND

A small number of children do not make as much progress as they should after receiving additional support in their early years setting or school. They may need further, more significant and longer-term support.

If you think that your child may need this more significant level of support you can request that the City of London Education and Early Years Service carries out a formal assessment of your child's SEN. This is also sometimes called a Statutory Assessment.

All requests for formal assessments will be considered by the City of London and decided against consistent and rigorous criteria.   

Education Health and Care (EHC) plans

One of the outcomes of a formal assessment might be that an EHC plan is required. EHC plans are designed in partnership with families to enable children and young people to set their own goals for what they want to achieve, now and in the future. The EHC plan will describe how schools, colleges and other service providers will work together to support the achievement of these goals.  

Feedback Powered by Open Objects © Idox Software Ltd